Skills Immigration and Express Entry BC streams
Employer Requirements for BC PNP
Employer requirements for BC PNP
The BC PNP is British Columbia’s Provincial Nominee Program. Through this program, prospective immigrants with the skills and experience targeted by the province may receive a British Columbia Provincial Nomination Certificate, which will allow that foreign national to apply for Canadian permanent residence with processing times that are faster than other Canadian immigration classes.
As an Employer, you must
- be established as an employer in good standing in B.C.
- provide full-time, indeterminate (permanent or with no set end date) employment
- have a history of good workplace and business practices
- sign an employer declaration
- meet domestic labour market recruitment requirements, where applicable
- make you a full-time, indeterminate job offer
- offer you a wage in line with industry standards
As well as meeting the general employer requirements, your employer must:
- give you a written job offer
- complete the employer sections of the application forms
- notify the BC PNP if there are any changes in your employment status. This includes promotion or termination; if you have been laid off or are on extended leave; or if the business has closed or changed ownership.